Meditations on Afon Teifi - Jack Smylie Wild

 


'The ale-brown, ankle-deep water, riffling in the shadows of alder, ash and willow, is surprisingly cool. As I feel my way across the shallows with my toes, I spy an up-bubbling in a deeper stretch... an otter. I strain my eyes until the bubbles disappear, and wade on.'

Riverwise, a volume of slow river prose centred around Afon Teifi in west Wales, from the centre of Wales to Cardigan Bay, is a book of wanderings and wonderings, witnessings and enchantments, rememberings and endings. 

Weaving memoir, poetry and keen observation into its meandering course, it shifts across time and space to reflect the beauty of hidden, fluvial places, and to meditate on the strangeness of being human.



Click here for more information and/or to buy the book

Click here to see otters and other wildlife on the author's YouTube channel




Popular posts from this blog

Biking Solo in Hvar - Katherine Leamy

Stubbing Your Toe on History in Mexico

Nights in deserted places of the Dodecanese